Tuesday, July 6, 2010

As Seen On Yelp...

It's that time of year again and I need me a haircut. The last time I got a hair cut it was awful. Anyone know someone? Hook a sister up. Please make sure it is not at the Aveda Institute. I have qualms about that place and here is why...

Being in dire need for a long overdue haircut, I decided to try Aveda after seeing the great reviews posted. I'm sad to say, I was pretty disappointed. I'm sure that there are a lot of talented stylists there and I saw a lot of very happy clients, but unfortunately for me, I drew the short end of the stick.

The stylist that they gave me looked very uncomfortable from the moment I sat at her station. When I told her how I wanted her to cut my hair (I even showed her a photo), she looked like a deer in headlights, which made me feel very uneasy since I didn't ask for anything difficult--just choppy layers and textured bangs.

Throughout my appointment, she apologized at least 6 times since she was a little clumsy. She got water in my eyes when she was shampooing my hair (not a big deal), but then she also managed to spritz my whole face with her water bottle while attempting to fix the nozzle. I'm surprised that I don't have little cuts on my face from her since she kept poking me with scissor blades while she was cutting my hair. Also, she kept burning my scalp while she was blow drying. On top of that, I basically sat in silence the whole time, since she wasn't much of a conversationalist, which is fine, just kind of awkward. When I told that I was expecting the layers to be a little more choppy and I preferred by hair to be blown out straight, she became a little defensive and frantic.

Towards the end of the hair cut, when she was touching up my hair with product, I was trying to rush her and told her everything was fine just because I wanted to get out of there. Needless to say, the outcome was not exactly what I wanted. I managed to walk out with the "Rachel" and I would have been okay with it if it was 1995.

I understand that the stylists at Aveda are students and still learning, but I was still expecting to get someone who had some sort of idea of what they were doing and something close to what I wanted. And I am not saying that this is a horrible place to go, because it was very nice and everyone was very professional. I'm just saying that the only way I would be willing to give this place a second chance is if they promise to never give me Stacy as my stylist ever again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodneѕs! Amazing аrtiсlе dudе!

Many thаnkѕ, However I am encountеring tгοubles
wіth уour RЅS. I don't understand why I cannot subscribe to it. Is there anybody else having similar RSS issues? Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

My web blog mini deep fryer

Post a Comment